Tuesday, November 2, 2010

GO GIANTS?

        While I was doing studying in one of my classes, I heard shouting. Giants Win! Giants win! I along with my classmates was all excited to hear the news. The feeling was unbelievable. There was beeping from cars, shouting from fans, and elating strangers who heard the news that our San Francisco Giants won the World Series. Almost everyone was happy to hear the news that the Giants accept of course a few Dodgers Fans. I have never seen the Bay Area so happy and excited since when the last 49niners won the Super bowl back in the 1990s. I think the Bay Area needed this in that with the economy in shambles, most of our teams not doing so well, and the bitter pill of politics in the November 2 election, the region was in deep depression of confidence. I think this win awakened and released pent up emotion to be cheerful and breathe again after so many past disappointments with other teams such as the San Jose Sharks and Oakland Raiders.
        As for the Giants, Even though the Giants fans have repeatedly been disappointed for the last half century dating back to 1954, we have waited patiently to for our uniquely San Francisco Bay Area team to claim that title as the world’s best baseball team. I know because I was watching this team trying for a long time to win this title. I was there watching the television back in 1989 between the Oakland A’s and the San Francisco Giants when the World Serious earthquake struck the Bay Area. They lost to the A’s in a best of seven series. I was also there supporting the Giants in 2002 in the era of Barry Bonds with the bitter and disappointing lost against the Anaheim Angels, which was a very close series. To see our beloved Giants win this World Series to a true fan is like a surreal dream that you think you know what it would look like until you see it. As a true fan for the San Francisco Giants, I wanted to say congratulations to a hard earned World Series. You are now our World Series champions for the San Francisco Bay Area and in the world of baseball. You sweated for it, you fought for, and you earned it. Take it easy guys and enjoy the ride.

Vocabulary words
Verb

Elating
To feel joy, to be prideful

Verb

Awakened
To stop sleeping, to be aroused, to be excited, to be aware of something

No comments:

Post a Comment